This is an extension to https://trzeci.eu/customize-conemu/ but int this case in a form of a tutorial / guideline that will help me (and maybe you) to mirror this setup.
The description shows how to configure conemu and clink, and display name of current branch:
Let’s get started:
- Install ConEmu wherever you want (in sake of this tutorial, I will refer to an installation folder by
Preferably store settings somewhere in XML settings (you will be asked from the very beginning)
And this is how it looks like after install:
- Download clink and put content from it into
[ConEmuRoot]\ConEmu\clinkThis is how it should look like:
At this point, ConEmu should recognize that clink was installed, but just in case, please double check:
- Download clink-completions (Please leave a star for Vladimir Kotikov, he did great job!) and put it into
[ConEmuRoot]\ConEmu\clink\profile\clink-completions, like that:
At this point we have ConEmu that works with clink, but no extension is installed.
- Download profile.lua script and place into
[ConEmuRoot]\ConEmu\clink\profile. This script is loaded automatically, when clink starts. It will look after extensions and register them.
At this point our setup looks like:
It looks misplaced. It’s because init script from ConEmu adds own decoration, and then profile.lua tried to decorate one more time.
- Create init script for ConEmu. I placed a script called .conemu.bat in the user profile (in my case:
C:\Users\piotr), the script can be find at my gist and it looks like:
- Update task definitions. Open ConEmu.xml with your configuration (It should be placed either in
[ConEmuRoot]\ConEmu, if your are not sure, then open settings in ConEmu, and it will be shown on the top of the settings dialog).
Once you opened the settings file, then:
– search for:
– replace with:
If you can’t find any entry with search phrase, please navigate to ConEmu>Settings and press “Save Settings”
After restart of ConEmu, you should see:
Please note that:
- .conemu.cmd – name is arbitrary, you can name it whatever you want. You can change this file however you want
- profile.lua – name has to be like that, it’s automatically recognizable by clink. Content of file can be modified.
I’ve chosen this way instead of cmder, due a fact that I could easy modify scripts and optimize them (hg plugin is very slow, and checking branch for repository with several sub modules is unresponsive):